Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Chateau 1771, El Pueblo, Mandaluyong City Manila


A rainy night in El Pueblo, Mandaluyong City Manila. The building is Chateau 1771, a famous restaurant.  The rain and the black and white photograph make it look like Paris, rather than Asia. 

I lived almost next door, and behind 1771 was the Sidebar.....

Some quotes of the internet about 1771:

"This famed restaurant is known for its "no borders" cuisine: mouthwatering innovations on well-loved Swiss, Italian, and French culinary concoctions that are simply divine on the taste buds".

"What I admire most about Chateau is that it has maintained itself as an edgy and elegant, tasteful and tasty restaurant. With food this good, I would follow this restaurant to L.A. (just like Posh has followed Beckham!). As long as they continue serving their Ivory Chocolate Ice Cream and Coffee Pie!"

"I have been eating, drinking coffee and lounging around Chateau 1771 since 1996. I have spent significant time in Chicago and New York and now live in Upstate New York. One of the things I miss most about home is this restaurant. Trust me! Try to dine on an evening where they have live musicians. Food, atmosphere and people are perfect. Feels exactly like home".

No comments:

Post a Comment